Although gutter maintenance isn’t the most exciting task for this spring, it is essential to protect your home and ensure smooth-flowing gutters. Making this task a little easier for you, here are some tips and tricks for proper gutter maintenance:
- Clear out any debris including leaves, twigs, and other gunk that may be preventing a smooth flow of water within your gutters
- Next, you will want to inspect your gutters for any damage that might have occurred such as rust, corrosion, cracks, sagging, and more. If these damages occurred, a little bit of caulk may go a long way
- Lastly, check to make sure that your downspouts are pointed away from your home’s foundation as it may lead to water damage or water getting into the basement of your home.
Regularly clearing out potential dangers to your home’s gutter system is important to keep an eye on so that they do not get damaged. These dangers could include trimming nearby trees and limbs so that they do not hit the gutters. This will also help keep debris out of the gutter system as well!
Properly maintaining your gutters are just as important as your yearly maintenance, here is a list of how to properly maintain your gutter system:
- Regular cleaning
- Use the right tools in repairing your gutters
- Constantly inspect for damage to your gutters
- Properly align the gutters to your home
- Check often for leaks
- Address ice dams formed in the winter
After inspecting your gutters and doing your annual inspection yourself, it may be necessary to get a second and professional opinion. KGuard of West Michigan has you covered. Make sure to take advantage of their free annual gutter inspection today.
Call now or schedule an appointment here!